Logo

2 hp johnson 1982 water pump

akjayjay

"hello Hope some one can help

"hello Hope some one can help me with this problem!! I bought an 82 vitage 2 hp johnson motor. Well I took it out the other day and used it a little and it didnt seem to be pumping water very well. So i brought it home and pulled the water pump apart and found the proppeller in good shape, could it be the top housing? Is there suposed to be a seal for the water pump cover where the drive shaft comes threw it? thanks for any info jason"

"no seal there,..however-- # 1

"no seal there,..however-- # 13,is required.
285594.png"" alt=""

#13 is... ?? ... the grommet

#13 is... ?? ... the grommet into which the watertube fits Also #32 is another at the top.

Dont put the old impeller back. It may look ok but they get very tired at being scrunched up in the housing after a few years. Fit a new one now

"Yes - if you buy an OEM water

"Yes - if you buy an OEM waterpump kit it includes the impeller, a new cup that can be replaced in the cover (if applicable), seals and gaskets - pretty much every thing you need to completely overhaul.

Don't panic if you happen to pull the driveshaft completely out of the lower unit. On these "direct drive" models it will slip back in easily and by slightly rotating it you can mesh it back up with the drive gear..."

graham could you tell me exact

graham could you tell me exactly what is included in the water pump kit the number i need is # 0387362 They dont give an discription that i could find thamks jason

Back