Logo

Who manufactured my outboard

B

bigdaddy81

"Hi guys, I have a 2002 25hp M

"Hi guys, I have a 2002 25hp Mercury, believed to be a Sea Pro

My question is, Who made the outboard, is it a mariner or yamaha based mercury or is it a mercury made mercury.

serial no...0T531323
model no....1025312ZD

and if anybody asks, I am just curious.

Cheers"

"Trick question? [img][/img]

"Trick question?

James, that is a Mercury built model.

But having said that, Yami built the powerhead and the gears for all the 25 horse and under models going back into the 1980's. But the rest of the parts/components are Mercury or their suppliers.

So it will have a Walbro carb, Thunderbolt 4 Merc ignition etc.

The powerheads themself are "headless, split blocks" that Yamaha didn't use on their own models (that I am aware of), so they were pretty much built FOR Merc.

These models should not be confused with the Yamaha built Mariner line which was 100% Yami.

This model, still in production outside of the US as the "Saltwater" edition, is very much a US built Merc."

"Hi Graham,

Thanks for tha

"Hi Graham,

Thanks for that, I can confirm it has a headless split block, (I had to replace the crank seals)

cheers
James"

I have a Mariner 70hp Outboard

I have a Mariner 70hp Outboard Motor Oil Injected with serial number 0G086975. Can someone tell me what year this motor was manufactured.

Thankyou in advance.

"Wes,

The serial makes it a

"Wes,

The serial makes it a 1994 model, but they didn't build a 70 that year (stopped building 70's in the 1980's).

Are you sure of the horsepower."

Back