Logo

Trimtilt problem on 57L cobra 1990

basi123

trim/tilt problem on 5.7L cobr

trim/tilt problem on 5.7L cobra 1990.
when i press the button to raise or lower it it makes a clicking sound but does not move up/down.
does anyone know if the problem is it just needs hydraulic fluid and what kind i should use

"You need to see/hear if the p

"You need to see/hear if the pump motor is running, also remove (label) the wires and clean/tighten them on the side of the pump/reservoir unit. See pic below.

FLUID LEVEL
We recommend that you use OMC Power Trimflilt & Power Steering Fluid, although OMC suggests that in a pinch you can use DexronB II ATF.
Fig. 132 Remove the screw to check the fluid level
1. Position the stern drive in the full UP/OUT position in order to relieve all hydraulic pressure.
Failure to position the drive unit in the full UP/OUT position before removing the plug could result in hydraulic fluid spraying all over upon

2. Loosen and remove the fill screw from the side of the pump housing.
3. Check that the lubricant is up to the bottom of the threads in the hole. If necessary, add more fluid slowly through the hole until the level is correct.
4. With the fill screw still out, move the drive through its full range 6-10 times in order to purge any air that may have entered the system. Lower the drive fully and recheck the fluid level again; repeat the process if necessary.
5. Install the fill screw and tighten it securely.

285500.jpg
"

"If the clicking is just your

"If the clicking is just your switch your pump may have come unplugged...happens to mine often. Its the plug ontop of the solenoid bank on the engine starb side...check those , clean & reconnect...mine doesnt have a retainer clip for some reason?- going to put one on.
Thanks,
Paul"

Back