Logo

Steam pictures

rmm

Regular Contributor
"With all the talk of steam th

"With all the talk of steam thought I would post up what mine actually looks like. Saw Al's on his prop post, but interested to see others. If post include boat, year, motors and hours and exhaust type and air and water temps.

1988 Tiara 31' 454s with 1200hrs, exhaust port at rest is half covered by water (guess that makes it a wet exhaust)

In 2009 pic seems to be more steam on starboard side although that side has always steamed more than port. Also noticed steam less in 2006 pic but water and air were also warmer.

2006 - air temp 95 degrees, water 80 degrees
degrees
285470.jpg

2008 - air temp 90 degrees, water temp 80
285471.jpg

285472.jpg

2009 - air 80 degrees, water 70 degrees
285473.jpg

285474.jpg
"

GEEZ...Compared to SOME DAYS .

GEEZ...Compared to SOME DAYS ... I would love to have this. I actually had to move the cooler OFF of the swim platform as the steam would MELT the ice within 45 minutes ! One day I thought the fish were being boiled as the ICE water was WAY TOO WARM !

"What about flushing the cooli

"What about flushing the cooling water system? I lost cooling water this weekend and changed the impeller. One side flows great, the other bank is about half. That exhaust pipe and manifold is much hotter too. Is it advisable to disconnect the water pipe from the thermostat housing and flush with water hose? 85 270 crusaders."

"Flushing the u-coolers has AL

"Flushing the u-coolers has ALWAYS solved my issues. A good set of sea strainers are next on my list of purchases for the boat, along with a 22" flat screen dvd combo, inverter gen, water separaters.....blah blah blah.........."

"Tailspnr,

What method do y

"Tailspnr,

What method do you use to flush your U-coolers? I had actually taken them apart at one time to really clean out the cores and it did a fine job but I think it might be nice to find a way to tap in with fresh water and blow it thru..

I have strainers and screens...I'll have to try the flat screen dvd combo next !"

"My u-coolers attach to a shor

"My u-coolers attach to a short 3" hose just above the fresh water pump, so the trash always accumulates on the underside of the u-cooler. The 3" short hose makes it tough to remove easily to clean the trash out but I've found that by pulling the hose from the bottom I can use a cut off piece of coat hanger to push the trash out of each tube from the top.

Sorry i dont have a better recommendation. But if you have water strainers I'd think that should keep all of the trash out of your system. If thats the case then I'd be looking at the impeller."

"Question: Am I the only one

"Question: Am I the only one who never tires of watching a wake streaming out from behind his boat? I let the "Admiral" run the thing while I sit back there enjoying the wake!

Jeff
286594.jpg
"

It's mesmerizing! I can&#3

It's mesmerizing! I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to run the boat while I watch that. Why is that?

I thought I was the only one w

I thought I was the only one who watched the water being churned by the props. I never go fast enough to produce a wake but at 7 mph there is a lot of power going into the water. I could also watch for hours and have while my mate drives the boat.

Chuck

Seems like a lot of us out the

Seems like a lot of us out there mesmerized by the swirling waters...

It's like that saying that a 30 gallon fish tank can do as much to lower blood pressure as some medications

Back