Logo

70 Evinrude What model PICS

ss140

"I have a 1975 14ft Tradewinds

"I have a 1975 14ft Tradewinds SS140 with a (Man made cowling states 70hp) Evinrude. The model ID plate is nowhere to be found, I have no proof of the engine or the fact it's 70hp. It's definitely an Evinrude (OMC) engine. I have lots of highly detailed pics for you to look and try and help me find the (about year/model) of the engine. I need to get some basic maitence parts and I need to know what to get. If it's a 75-89 Evinrude 70 it uses Champion L77JC4 or QL77JC4 plugs, but I dont know which of those 2 to use.

Thanks

Pics: www.lifestylesbroadcasting.com/boat"

just guessing but it looks lik

just guessing but it looks like around 1980
i had a 78 but the choke assy was different
try looking at the transom bracket left side there should be a small plate there with some numbers on it/ if not there are plugs on the power head with model numbers

hey Charles. Thanks for the re

hey Charles. Thanks for the reply. Why the QL? I dont use radio's or anything on board.

Is that the only difference? Resister and Non Resister?

Thanks again !

Guys it has the ext trim tilt

Guys it has the ext trim tilt switch that came out in 88 i would presume its a 1988 mdl and QL77jc4 plugs would be right

"I too was thinking it was new

"I too was thinking it was newer than a 1980 based on the linkages and such, but the straight fuel pump instead of VRO made me think it had to be pre-1984. It could be an SPL model. I spotted a non regulated rectifier that would also point to an SPL. Anyone know if they made a 65 or whatever SPL in the late 80's-early 90's?"

The block is lost foam cast ty

The block is lost foam cast type so it must be an 88mdl but it has been messed around with the fuel line routing isnt right so i would say the vro was removed and a straight fuel pump fitted.

Back