Logo

89 bayliner 1700 30

mkbrwn

"I have a 1989 bayliner, inboa

"I have a 1989 bayliner, inboard, 3.0 mer .gm motor. The motor only had 103hr on it. when i bought it with a blown head gasket and a bad lower water pump. I replaced the head and new head gasket ran for about 6 hr. then died. It had 2 cracked valves in #4. replace the valves and had the head check then reinstalled everthing. It would startup in the water fine. but when you stop it and then tryed to start it again it would not start. about a hour later it will start and run just fine untill you stop it again........ well got tryed of messing with it so i bought a motor out of a 85 model bayliner 3.0. NOW I cant fine no spark plugs that will fit the head... and the boat the motor came out of is long gone so i cant get the vin needed to look up parts.. the plug that came out of the 1st motor will not fit there are to big.. (5/8 in scocket and the 85 model has to be a 13/16 socket)..

well Im asking 2 big question... first what will cause 1st motor to act like that? Could it be a crack in the intake?

seconded.... can i find spark plugs for this new motor??

any help please..mike."

Back