Logo

BF225 enters safe mode

theoffice

"I have 2005 Twin 225's.

"I have 2005 Twin 225's.
Last week my check engine light would come on at idle after several minutes (port side). I turned off the motor, restated and the light was no longer on. After getting up on plane and runnning at 3800 RPM's for about a minute. The engine RPM's would suddenly drop down to idle for a second or two and then return back to 3800RPM's again. When trying to stay at 3800 RPM's or greater, these symptoms would continue to ocurr every 10 to 15 seconds. The check enginne light would not come on when these symptoms occured.
Attempted fix:
I swapped the O2 sensors from one motor to the other. As I had hoped, the check engine light started comming on at idle on the other engine (starboard). Obviously a bad O2 senser. However, I am still experiencing the drop in RPM symptoms on the port side, no check engine lights at all.
Can anybody help me? Do I need to clear the code from the computer for the symptom to rid itself of the problem.

Daryl"

hello dary .

u need to clea

hello dary .

u need to clear the ecm wide a short plug .

and after that to check if it ride like before/

when u replec the fuel filrets?

How do you clear the ecm for t

How do you clear the ecm for the above problem. I have heard a paperclip. Could someone please explain.

B

Back