Logo

Flywheel removal 1985 115 hp Evinrude

buggle

Could someone please advice me

Could someone please advice me on how to hold the flywheel so I can loosen the nut. I do not see anything referencing it in the seloc manual. I already removed the powerhead from the motor housing and it is setting on my bench.

"it takes a 'flywheel hold

"it takes a 'flywheel holder',that grips the teeth....u can get it OFF,easily,w/an impact wrench,..u r still gonna need the holder to torque ,back on."

"Here's a diagram of the h

"Here's a diagram of the holder that was in my service manual ... for up to a 30hp motor. Dimensions would probably need to change for a larger motor, but you get the idea!

284958.jpg
Flywheel Holder

jwbmarine is there a part # fo

jwbmarine is there a part # for this motor and can I purchase it at a local store. I live in clearwater fl. I know I have a big task ahead of me. I have completely rebuilt car and motorcycle engines before. I have an ongoing discussion about this under 1985 115 hp Evenrude I wish I could fix the spelling. Thank you for your help.

John thanks so I would use the

John thanks so I would use the holes for the puller to secure a plate to for holding the flywheel what a concept.

"Use a impact wrinch like JP m

"Use a impact wrinch like JP mentioned , rent one from auto zone , its what I used to remove my 140 works like a charm"

Don't know if a flywheel t

Don't know if a flywheel turner in conjunction with an impact wrench might work but they are available from NAPA

"Here's what the OMC unive

"Here's what the OMC universal puller looks like ... notice the long black bar ... it fits in a hole on the edge of the puller, when being used to hold the flywheel.

284965.jpg
OMC Flywheel Puller"">

Harmonic balancer with #8 bolts and washers + homemade holder is a lot cheaper than the OMC part!"

The omc flywheel puller is gre

The omc flywheel puller is great but if you dont have one or cant afford to buy it use the puller you have now and use a socket between the block and flywheel teeth to jam the flywheel it works a treat

Back