Logo

440 Exhaust Manifolds

S

supra_beast

"I have been reading that peop

"I have been reading that people are suggesting that you should replace your manifolds with in five years. I have a 1986, 440 that I have never replaced. I pulled them off two years ago because they were plugged up and cleaned them out and ran for the last two years without any problems. This year we went out and I think that they are full of rust again. I have been looking for they type that I have and can't seem to find them any where,If any one can let me know where I can purchase the type that I currently have I would rather do that. The other question that I have is could I take them to a engine shop and have the boil them to get some more use out of them."

"well, you have been very luc

"well, you have been very lucky. They usually last only for about 5 yrs in a salt water application. If you are running them in a fresh water system, they will last a lot longer. you can have them boiled out, but make sure they are ok when reinstalling them. I got my new manifolds from a site called boatfix.com, very reasonable prices. Search around, you'll find what you need"

"You can find manifolds and ri

"You can find manifolds and risers no problem at local marine supply stores. The store I usually deal with had them all in stock. My friends uncle runs it, and I asked if they could match the price I got off the website, he told me to get them, cause they couldn't come close. Just shop around, you could save a bundle out there"

Back