Logo

Live well

arcrat

Contributing Member
hello to all. #1 how far from

hello to all. #1 how far from back of boat to install fill pump ? #2 what kind of pump should be used?. up date from all your help my motor is running tops thanks to everyone.. arcrat

OK I guess I wasent clear.. I

OK I guess I wasent clear.. I have to Bucket Water To fill live well The pump will not suck water from lake to fill live well...Thank you for any help....

"So you currently have a pump

"So you currently have a pump installed, it just won't fill it for you?

Normally, a livewell/baitwell pump is installed at the transom (right through it to be more precice).

They come in a few different styles and gallon per hour (gph) ratings. All will normally fill your livewell adequately.

If the tank you are trying to fill is mounted high or far away from the pump (like a baitwell under the passenger seat) you may need a stronger pump than for other placements.

If your current pump ever worked properly, it's probably just shot and you could replace it with whatever is there.

I have a pair of 650 gph pumps, one for each of my 30 gallon wells - takes about 2 or 3 minutes to fill my tanks with that particular pump.

Places like Bass Pro, West Marine etc, sell "kits" to replace all the parts on a livewell pump system including the pump, strainer, hose, clamps - everything you could need...."

Thank you Graham thats what i

Thank you Graham thats what i wanted to know. went to bas pro got a pump whoever had the boat before did not know what they wer doing they had pump after 1.5 feet from back of trasom probley burnt it up know i know way it didnt work...Thanks again

Back