Logo

2002 50 litre starts right up then quits abruptly in 1020 seconds

202br

did the same thing last year f

did the same thing last year first time out. I added gas to the tank and no problem since

Fuel stabilizer used in the fa

Fuel stabilizer used in the fall? EFI or carbed? When was the last time it was tuned up and fuel filters changed?

"2002 5.0 litre carbed, runs f

"2002 5.0 litre carbed, runs for a short time then quits. new filter last fall, fogged and stabl in the gas. it quits like the key is turned off. is there a saftey sensor that shuts down the engine for some reason?"

Do you have a strong spark at

Do you have a strong spark at the plugs when it quits? Does the carb accellerator pump quirt fuel when the throttle is pushed quickly in neutral?

"is it a tks? if so check the

"is it a tks? if so check the oil pressure switch, I believe it will shut down the fuel pump if its going bad."

"fuel squirts, I can hear it w

"fuel squirts, I can hear it with the engine compartment is open. Where is the oil pressure switch? I don't know what tws is either, but a couple of years ago I had an alarm going off, I think for the outdrive oil resevour, I filled it and that stopped. There is no alarm now though"

"Like Guy stated, are you losi

"Like Guy stated, are you losing spark? You need to determine what is stopping, fuel or ignition. It could be the OP switch, it could also be the starter solenoid."

"thanks for the advice. I cha

"thanks for the advice. I changed the fuel filter again from the sierra I was given to a mercury. That did it, runs great."

Back