Logo

Pcm outdrive avail and velvetshift1500 89 sunliner 26 mits

I also have mallory dist. and

I also have mallory dist. and cap with new pertronix breakerless ign module coil to match set. I also have a Rochester carb. that has been refurb. pretty much new. linkage was not a exact replacement but does work anyone with mech. knowledge can fig. it out also have tilt trim hyd pump raw water pump it will need new impeller call and ask still have most all parts for the 2.6 mits motor on 89 sunliner.8505120033

1987 Sunliner 189 Parts

Ok, I must first let everyone know that I know little-to-nothing about boats and/or boating. The boat was a 1987 Sunliner 189 w/140hp Mitsubishi Engine, Borg-Warner Series 1500 Velvet Drive Transmission & (2) PCM I/O Drives (I hope this tells you what you need to know because it is as much as I know, but I can scan in the owners manual if that would help). My uncle and I stripped everything off of his boat because he finally got tired of looking at it sitting in his backyard. Basically, we kept everything except for the gas tank and hull.

Anyway, I asked him why he originally quit using the boat. His reply is as follows: "When I left it to eat lunch I didn't turn off the water to the flushing ears. That allowed water to seep past the pick-up pump in the out drive and into the exhaust manifold. Some leaked into an open valve or two, and when I started the engine again after lunch the resulting pressure from the water in the engine damaged it. It's good for most parts, but I wouldn't think the crankshaft or bearings are any good. All of the upper parts (i.e. the head, intake, cams, exhaust manifold, carburetor, ignition, starter, etc.) should still be good. I'd like to part with the entire thing at one time but I'm not going to give it away. Those are all special marine parts and are expensive."

The sale also includes one additional PCM I/O drive. The one pictured is the replacement for the additional one (no pictures, because it is under his house at the moment) that the insurance company didn't want to fish off of the bottom of the lake after it was ripped off by a rock. Would be excellent for parts or an entire I/O if that's what you wanted to do with it (Note—the additional I/0 does need the little fin on the bottom welded back together). However, it does have everything else needed in order to be operational.

Finally, the original galvanized trailer in the first few pictures is to be included as part of this sale. You are just going to have to come take a look at everything, and make me an offer if you are interested; because I have no idea where to start on pricing this stuff.

Thanks, Rad

Back