Logo

Control box

fwg

I am trying to wire up my new

I am trying to wire up my new top mount teleflex control box. There are two brown wires that are seperate from the tilt/trim wires can someone tell me what they hook too. they are conected to a small black box on the shaft of the new controls

"Matt:

You need to supply a

"Matt:

You need to supply a few more details before anybody can give you a decent answer. It could be an interrupt switch or the neutral safety switch, but those are educated guesses.

Get the model number for your box and go here:
http://www.teleflexmarine.com/cgi-bin/library.cgi?site=enginecontrols&type=us&li brary=1017
to get the instruction sheets.

We'd need to know which control you have and what engine you are trying to connect...Teleflex has probably over 50 different model numbers for the controls they have made (& acquired) over the years."

sorry for the lack of detail t

sorry for the lack of detail the box is a CH7500 I am hooking it to a 1987 110hp evinrude. I looked over the user manual and it shows the wires in question but does not give a description of what they are for. If there is any more info you need please let me know because i am lost. thanks

"Matt:

I looked over the 78

"Matt:

I looked over the 7800 as it was closest number I could find...a long day for me. If the wires go to a "box" on the shaft, I'd guess it to be the neutral safety switch.

Get an ohm meter (or a self powered test light)and hook it between those brown leads. If it shows continuity in neutral and an open circuit in FWD and REV, that's what it is.

Going on the neutral safety switch assumption, the manual should be fairly clear on how to hook it up. How to actually do it, I think, would be based on whether this is a replacement or an upgrade. The end result, electrically, should be the same."

"Matt:

I found the 7500 man

"Matt:

I found the 7500 manual. besides the neutral switch, the only other item is the ignition safety switch. from the drawings, that should be offset from the shaft. the first part of section 5 covers the wiring for the neutral switch."

Back