Logo

Pertronix coil

ejbtech1

Regular Contributor
"Just wondering if anyone has

"Just wondering if anyone has had to replace their coil for any reason after 3 seasons of boating?
Went to start my boat up this weekend, and had a few setbacks(fuel pump,battery, and starter.) Now I have no spark. I have started the boat on a few occasions over the winter with no problems. Until now.
Just wondering if anyone knows what the life expectancy is of the pertronix system. Thanks in advance!!!!"

"Life expectancy varies on the

"Life expectancy varies on the environment, usage of course, and correct wiring. If you have an extra coil connect that and see if there is any change.I know of people on their 6+ years of service without a problem. the coil i assume is not gonna last as long as the ignition kit itself. Also, the fact that you had to change your battery, fuel pump and starter make sure that you wired everything correctly as I connected a couple wires backward recently and i thought i fried my coil and distributor kit!!!Thank god for fuses
proud.gif
"

"This may be correct....I am g

"This may be correct....I am gonna do some testing and chcking on the ignition system itself this afternoon.
But, as you know, I have the fever, and really wanna get out there!
It is possible to have a wiring issue, which is where I am starting.....Just wabted to post the question to my fellow boaters to see if anyone has had a failure after 3 seasons......."

Back