Logo

Boat top speed 10 mph

goboardgo

"I have a 2000 Tige 21v that I

"I have a 2000 Tige 21v that I have owned since new. It has 850 hours on it and has not given me any mechanical problems until now.

The engine is a 310 HP Mercruiser.

It seems like it is starved for fuel. The fuel filter has been changed and there is plenty of fuel pressure. We have put Sea Foam injecter cleaner in the tank and have run the boat approximately 4 hours so far with the injector cleaner. There is a noticeable vibration. It starts up fine when I first put it in the water, but after it is warmed up it is extremely hard to start. Kinda of like a flooded car, but I think that is lack of fuel.

We have our "Wake the World" event coming up in a few weeks and I will need to pull those kids from the Children's Homes.

Any ideas?"

"Ayuh,... How long has it bee

"Ayuh,... How long has it been since it was given a Complete Tune Up,+ Service,..??"

""There is a noticeable vi

""There is a noticeable vibration. It starts up fine when I first put it in the water, but after it is warmed up it is extremely hard to start."

Check that each plug wire boot is seated tightly. Assuming it is EFI the IAC motor may be gummed up."

"OK, Today I put the boat in t

"OK, Today I put the boat in the water with the pressure gauge attached to the fuel rail. I'm not sure what my pressure is supposed be (I'm thinking it's supposed to be around 38 - 42 PSI) I have 30 PSI at idle and it drops to 24 PSI under load. That sounds low, is it?"

Back