Logo

Installing a voltage regulater with a three wire rectifier

flyrod

"I have a three wire round non

"I have a three wire round non regulated rectifier and want to istall a omc voltage regulator 193-4204, voltage too high.Any ideas on wireing it in with the rectifier? Can it be done?"

"HI
I dont want to replace

"HI
I dont want to replace a rectifier/regulater I don't have one, I have only the three wire round rectifer and want to add a voltage regulater to keep the voltage from going up to 17 volts when running at 3/4 to full throttle."

"A 193-4204 isn't just a r

"A 193-4204 isn't just a regulator. It is a rectifier/regulator so it would replace your rectifer. High voltage in a non-regulated system is normally caused by bad connections, bad cables, or wrong type or defective battery."

that 17 volt problem is a know

that 17 volt problem is a known problem with the rectifier only system.....the normal cause is using a better battery than the specs call for on this motor...under no circumstance use a sealed battery..if you just replaced a battery try one with a lower rating...a way to tell if this is the problem is to run with an additional load on the battery...running lights and whatever else you may have to load battery down...if you run with the voltage hi like that the rectifier will eventually fail...replace the rectifier and you will eventually zap a stator...the best fix is to relace the rectifier assy with a voltage REGULATOR...

Back