Logo

1971 60 hp evinrude

mustang43

hi does anyone know how to hoo

hi does anyone know how to hook up the three wires on a evinrude selectric control box i have three wires one purpel one blue and one green and three pole on switch two are side by side and on by it self which wire gos where any help would be great thank keith

"i am reaching,waaay ,back....

"i am reaching,waaay ,back....but,try this---purple is hot,...grn--neutral,grn/blue=rev..
so,..forward,is spring loaded,and takes no electricity...see if ur sw is marked on the bottom."

ok thanks no marking on the sw

ok thanks no marking on the switch at all so i dont know which plug is what just two post on the left side and one on the right

Check the switch terminals wit

Check the switch terminals with an ohm meter.

Push forward button and find the continuity between two terminals.

Now push reverse button and find the continuity again.

Whichever terminal had continuity on both tests is the hot/power/12v supply terminal.

ok new one have very little sp

ok new one have very little spark and only happens just as you turn the key off when key is in run trying to strat it has no spark any sujestions

"i used to know the answer to

"i used to know the answer to that............however,..go to CDI ignitions,u can download a trblsht guide."

"(Voltage Drop To Battery

"(Voltage Drop To Battery Capacitance Discharge)
( Pulsepack When Electric Starter Is Engaged)
(J. Reeves)

On the older Battery Capacitance Discharge ignition systems (1968-1972), the electric starter reaches a point, even with a top notch battery, whereas the starter will draw excess voltage/current/whatever which results in a voltage drop to the pulsepack. The cure is to purchase a diode which is capable of handling 12 volts and installing it between the starter terminal of the starter solenoid (NOT the battery cable terminal) and the wiring terminal that supplies voltage to the pulsepack.

The diode must be installed so that the current flows from the starter terminal of the solenoid to the pulsepack... NOT vice versa. When that diode is installed in this manner, when the key is turned to the start position, the voltage that is applied to the starter is also applied directly to the pulsepack via the diode effectively eliminating the voltage drop and energizing the pulsepack with the required voltage needed for its proper operation.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Keith.... Pick one up at Radio

Keith.... Pick one up at Radio Shack or other electronic stores and save a bundle. All you need is a diode that will handle 12 volts.

went to radio shack and they b

went to radio shack and they bsaid there are a lot of different types of12v diodes not shore what to get. will the diode thats on my ingnition work have one of those

All you need is a diode that w

All you need is a diode that will handle a automotive battery 12 volt system.... a diode allows passage in one direction only.

"is this the one someone set t

"is this the one someone set this to me
Friday June 5, 2009 add bookmark or favorites | email this page

OMC BLOCK DIODE 953-9176
List Price
$64.00

Part Number
CDI953-9176
Your Price
$43.84

Manufacturer
CDI Electronics

2 in stock.

Replaces OEM #0279176. Blocking diode Replaces OMC: 279176

Parts shipped to United States, Puerto Rico and Canada only. Manuals shipped internationally.

CDI Electronics produces state of the art Quick Strike Ignitions and components that have become the industry standard for quality electronic ignition systems. CDI also makes a line of electronics testing equipment for marine engine applications.

Details for all parts in the complete 2007/2008 CDI Catalog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home / Directory | Engine Manuals | Engine Parts | Discussion Board | Free Classifieds | Orders / Shipping | Contact Us | View Cart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
MarineEngine.com, 184 Jones Dr., VT 05733 USA
Phone: 802-247-4700 FAX: 802-301-1034. [email protected]
Copyright © 2000 - 2007 by MarineEngine.com, Inc. All rights reserved Traduca
Traduisez
Traduza
Traduca
Ubersetzen

Select...EspanolFrancaisPortugueseItalianoDuetschen"

"Is there a way to test a bloc

"Is there a way to test a blocking Diode? I will be following Joe's suggestion as well and installing one. I have an extra set of controls with a Blocking Diode inside. I believe, you need to set the voltmeter to Ohms reading and you should get a reading one way but not the other. Correct?"

ok hi joe on the pulsepack it

ok hi joe on the pulsepack it has three wires one blue one gray other is purple or black not sure how do i know whick to hook the diode to

"A ohm meter can be used to ea

"A ohm meter can be used to easily test a diode. You'll obtain a reading in one direction and no reading in the other direction if the diode is good.

The "Purple" wire leading to the powerpack is the one to attach that diode to. Be sure that the voltage travel is from the solenoid to the purple wire, not vice versa."

ok one more thing my book dosn

ok one more thing my book dosnt show a pulsepack the call it a amplifer assembley is that the same thing

ok im lost got the diode hooke

ok im lost got the diode hooked it up now no spark with or with out diode on turns over great had little spark before now nothing any sujestions

"Disconnect one end of that di

"Disconnect one end of that diode. If you now have spark, I'd suspect that you installed the diode backweards."

Back