Logo

Tbi injector

carver_355

"1995 454XL TBI injector is no

"1995 454XL TBI injector is no longer available from GM, crusader,auto part stores.Have been told car and truck injector wont work.Anybody encounter this crusader says they havent had one to sell for almost 2 years"

"I believe this would work...c

"I believe this would work...comments...anyone???

284302.jpg
injector

"Jim:

Can't comment on

"Jim:

Can't comment on Don's suggestion. If you can get the delco/GM part number off the injector, that could confirm it. I've used Rock Auto many times and have been very satisfied. If you go that route, you can also use this info (saves 5%):
---------------------------
Your discount code is: 16848371314757

Using Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.
(Should be good thru 28 JUN 2009)"

You can go to Paffengines.com.

You can go to Paffengines.com. I had my TBI's rebuilt and pressure tested by them for about $100 per injector. Never had a problem. You should have them done every few years in salt water environments.

"I just pulled the injectors o

"I just pulled the injectors on my 454 TBI and found on the internet a place in Oxford CT that will clean and flow test for somewhere around $50/injector. However, since I live in Fort Lauderdale, I found a place locally that will do it for $20 per. Everglade Diesel Injection 800-843-3931. I'm taking mine over there tomorrow and will report on timliness and after I put them back in, how well they work. The part number is: 17109972 * ACR"

My Crusaders are 1996. You ca

My Crusaders are 1996. You can download the Rochester TBI manual at carburetor-manual.com for $8.

"I got the injectors back the

"I got the injectors back the same day. The good news was the $20 each for cleaning and testing. The bad news was that I had to buy a gasket kit for $70. Maybe I didn't need to do that but after 12 years, the last thing I want to deal with is a gasoline leak. Naturally I only used 3 or 4 of the items in the kit.

It appears that the throttle body system is pretty much the Rochester standard. While someone at Crusader or GM may be better able to speak to this issue. The injectors are to deliver a set amount of fuel with a given fuel pressure, are activated by a set voltage and draw a predetermined amount of current. If they meet the spec and fit in the TBI holder, I would think they would work. But I am not a throttle body engineer.

The injectors seem to work (conical spray). However, I may have fuel pump or control issues. I haven't had a chance to check the voltage to the fuel pump and determine functionality yet. But this is another story."

Cliff that post was is it a ho

Cliff that post was is it a how to manual or is there some fuel press. And flow info. Also when u got your injectors back did they give you the flow info after cleaning ? Found out my injectors have same part # as yours crusader gave me a cross reference # that is no good

"The manual is the standard Ro

"The manual is the standard Rochester service manual dated 1983 and described my set up exactly. The first part is theory of operation with schematics, fuel pressures, etc. The second part is how to disassemble and reassemble. As a back yard mechanic, I would not have attempted this project without the manual.

I did not ask for the flow information from the injector cleaning place. Probably should have. They did tell me that they ran them through the process 2 times because they were so gunky. and then tested them."

Back