Logo

Trim Guage Issue and Blower Issue

pahad210

"I have a 2004 Stingray 190CS

"I have a 2004 Stingray 190CS with a MERC 3.0L stern drive.

My trim gauge works sometimes then dies. The needle is just lays all they way down, anyone know what it could be?

Also, my blower wasnt working then i replaced the fuse and it was working then it also died. The fuse is still ok but I cannot get the damn thing to start back up again.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil"

"These procedures may not work

"These procedures may not work on your model year.

Cleaning Trim Limit Switch & Trim Position Sender

For the trim/tilt problem you are experiencing, if the wires from the limit switch (port side) and trim position sender (starboard side) are in good condition, they (Switch or sender) can be disassembled to clean out the old hardened grease. SCRIBE the sides of each one and the OD for a reference mark before removal. Clean out the old grease and pump fresh Mercruiser 2-4-C grease thru the zerk fittings before reinstallation. Clean the small brass contact points with solvent and a pencil eraser until shiny; repack w/ 2-4-C grease and reinstall by aligning reference marks.

Check the wires on the back of the gauge.

Blower: Check for 12 vdc at the blower motor. If you find 12 vdc and it won't turn; replace the blower motor."

Phil guy is right its more tha

Phil guy is right its more than likely the gauges need to be cleaned . had to go all thru mine this spring . now on my trim some of the time when its all the way down it wont come up by flipping the trim switch but if i just bump the trailor button then use the trim toggle she seems to do fine but follow guys instructions. in my opinion that cleaning of the trim senders should be the first thing done out of storage

Back