Logo

Mercruiser 350 Magnum Inboard Help

98sanger

"Hey guys, I have a 1998 Sange

"Hey guys, I have a 1998 Sanger 20 DLX with a Mercruiser 350 Magnum in it. Here is the story. Switched out the battery to the boat and hooked it up backwards (dumb I know). Went to start the boat and nothing obviously, tried a few times and nothing. Found the backwards connection and fixed it.

Switched out the ignition and the fuse. From here I don't know what else to check. Friend was trying to get the starter to kick over by putting a screwdriver on the posts and arc it. Nothing. I want to know where to go from here. I figure there are fuses on the engine, starter, solenoids, etc. Really looking to see how far back this power surge could have gone, what are the fail safes inbetween the battery and the motor that should prevent this. What fuses do I need to check. Anyones help is greatly appreciated"

"Some starters have a fuse. I

"Some starters have a fuse. Ignition switch has a 25-30 amp fuse, alternator is probably fried. Good luck."

"Check the battery switch if y

"Check the battery switch if you have one, shorting the small lug should make the starter spin the engine i8f there is battery power to there"

Back