Logo

Mariner 55 hp identification and online manual

jansteam40

Contributing Member
"hi guys we have a mariner 55

"hi guys we have a mariner 55 hp serial number 55el663l318677 , first of all can anyone tell me what year it is and what model , also can i get an online manual for it because it has stopped charging hope someone can help thanks guys"

"Neil, that a 1988 Yamaha buil

"Neil, that a 1988 Yamaha built Mariner.

You can get a manual on-line for this model right from this site - 35 bucks, good deal - just check the left side of this page.

You will not find a free one posted anywhere.

Additionally, the 55 Mariner was not an overly popular model and you may find some parts difficult to find - in fact just about the entire ignition and charge coils for this motor are no longer available from either Merc or Yami - so will have to find someone with old stock or a recycler."

"thanks for that graham the on

"thanks for that graham the only reason i was looking for an online one was because we are in the uk , so you recon its a 88 model"

"Yep - came off the assembly i

"Yep - came off the assembly in 88 according to my charts, however all the 55's were mechanically the same so the exact year doesn't make much difference, it could have sat in the showroom for 2 years and been sold as a brand new "1990" model.

Merc does that on purpose (not encoding a date in the production number) so their dealers NEVER have "last years models" that they need to get rid of..."

"hi guys , has anyone got a wi

"hi guys , has anyone got a wiring diagram for this engine that they could email me many thanks"

Back