Logo

Should i be concerned

emac

Regular Contributor
"OK, running my engine in the

"OK, running my engine in the yard, and after reading lots of posts on engine temp, i was feeling my risers as it ran, my starboard was cool to the touch, even after engine was warm. btw, normal temp for me has been about 150, raw water cooled. everything seems to be running great, and normally i wouldnt give it a second thought, but like i said, after all the posts about getting infared temp sensors and such, is there something i should inspect, or, if it aint broke..."

Always look for trouble before

Always look for trouble before it finds you first. The infrared temp gun is a boater's best friend for that reason.

Jeff

"with raw water cooling, you k

"with raw water cooling, you know you'll have to change the elbows and risers. If you invest in the IR thermometer now, you can get a measured baseline of how things measure when they are working. By taking periodic measurements, you may get a 'heads up' and prevent the hose burn through event and the associated tow bill. You may also be able to detect the start of a block and remove it deferring the parts renewal for a year or more."

Back