Logo

1995 150HP Ocean Runner Tilttrim motor problem

mcgurk

"Tilt/trim quit yesterday, Mot

"Tilt/trim quit yesterday, Motor is in the full down position. I just returned from the boat checking the electrical system that I can get at with the motor down and boat in the water. The relays operate from both the shift handle and the buttons on the power head. But no motor action. My wife said that when she ran the boat yesterday the motor lowered in a bucking jurky manor at first(tilt)then normally in the down (trim) mode. Nothing happens now up or down. Motor or hydraulic fluid? Any more tests to do now?"

"r u sure...batt is HOT?...rad

"r u sure...batt is HOT?...radio/electronics,left on overnite....low batt can/will cause a jerking motion....since u have a failure,of both up and down,..follow wires from tnt mtr to power hd,disc,..use a good size jumper...ground the grn wire,put a hot wire,to the blue.....if mtr is good,it should go up!--rev wires,to test down..
ck ur wires on relay pack,loose conn,wire disc etc."

"The motor was started (St

"The motor was started (Strong cranking) and run for two hours(charging the battery)after lowering it. Back at the mooring, is when it failed completely trying to put the motor back in the up position. I will try your jumper test after I haul the boat next weekend."

Back