Logo

Aq125a losing power

cjk

I have a 125a in an '83 Ba

I have a 125a in an '83 Bayliner Explorer. Last time out I had trouble keepin the rpms above 4000 or so. I was running at about 4200 and it would fall to 38-3900 then climb slowly back up. After 15 min or so of this I couldn't get it above 4000. Engine has been running perfectly until now. Any ideas? I was thinking change fuel filter and maybe coil-coil is mounted in a bad spot and is getting corroded.

"Corey, I agree that the coil

"Corey, I agree that the coil is installed in a bad spot in the OHC Volvo engines. Many people move it to the transom to protect it from water, and that usually helps. In any case, the wiring and connections should be in good condition if you don't want ignition problems.

It is a good idea to replace or to inspect the fuel filter every now and then, especially if you use the non-see-through type (the one that looks like an oil filter). Also, the anti-syphon valve in the fuel tank may be partially clogged or stuck, and that would restrict the fuel flow. You should also clean the fine strainer inside the carb."

Back