Logo

2007 57 MPI check engine light wiring

rfdlou

Regular Contributor
2007 5.7 MPI check engine ligh

2007 5.7 MPI check engine light wiring. Anyone know the hook up for the check engine light? I ran the wire from the engine harness to the dash light (12v) on the bridge. Does the other light wire go to ground- or to the ignition switch “run” 12v+? The install manual doesn’t show it. Thanks

"No schematic here but a few t

"No schematic here but a few thoughts....

Try the "Run" terminal off the key switch BUT use a voltmeter instead of the bulb (meter to MIL circuit and RUN). Most ECU's have a "check" function when the key is turned on (only a couple seconds). If the voltmeter shows 12V when the key turns on, you should be good. Otherwise, try the voltmeter between ground and the MIL wire."

"Lou, are you using the four l

"Lou, are you using the four light cluster? If so, there should only be one wire to connect besides the pin connector. The loose purple wire goes to ign(+), the tach is usually the easiest source to connect to. The other loose wire, I believe it is tan, is not used.

Good luck,
Rick"

"Using just a 12v indicator li

"Using just a 12v indicator light for each engine Installed the buzzers when I replaced the Merc 340s with the Crusaders in 2007.They work fine. I didn't have any spare wires running to the bridge for the MILs.Just got around to it now. Had this boat 25 years it seems that the spaces I need to get into to run wires & use meters have shrunk. Thanks,for your help."

Back