Logo

GPH with a 1999 yam 4 stroke anybody know

"John, I have a 22ft Seasport

"John, I have a 22ft Seasport with a carbed 2 stroke 200 and a high thrust 9.9. I can run the 200 - 25 minutes to the fishing and 20 minutes back and troll the balance of the 6 hour trip (5hrs) on about 8 gallons of fuel total. I'm know that the 200 uses about 6 gall in the 40 minutes. 2 gallons for the kicker over 5hrs."

"I know this is an old post, b

"I know this is an old post, but I also have a HT 9.9 on a 22' SeaSport, with a digital fuel flow meter. I get just about 1/2 gal per hr trolling at 3 kts. A 23' Parker CC might do a wee bit better just because the SeaSport has a pretty high profile and gets pushed around if there is any wind."

"Go to: Yamaha Outboard Perfor

"Go to: Yamaha Outboard Performance Bulletins for all info regarding your boat/motor GPH, MPG, MPH, etc. Good Luck!"

"Does anyone know how to adjus

"Does anyone know how to adjust the shift on a 4 stroke 8 HP? I loaned the motor to an acquaintance, and I think it was shifted while not running. When you go to reverse, it is obviously not fully engaging and makes a grinding sound, but it is still trying to back up. No problem in forward though. Any helpful hints will be appreciated."

"Good to know what the T9.9 bu

"Good to know what the T9.9 burns, I had a 15 hp Honda and I really think it was getting much better GPH than my new T9.9. I run my 225 Honda on a fuel flow gauge but not the T9.9. When I put gas in the last time I put about 5 gallons more than I expected, so the T9.9 accounted for that. I have the old 3 gallon Honda tank, maybe I should run it fishing one day and see if I get 6 hours of trolling time on it.
rofl.gif
"

"Talked with a friend last nig

"Talked with a friend last night who also runs a 9.9 Yamaha, he says he runs w/the small tank and can run about 12-15 hours on it, so the .5 GPH seems somewhat on the high side. Just passing on info for the benefit of those who have the 9.9 motors."

Back