Logo

23 ltr ford omc sterndrive

coachl

Had heads resurfaced and rebui

Had heads resurfaced and rebuilt at machine shop.For my 2.3 ltr ford engine. After a few hours of running oil being pushed out of breather tube leading to fire resister. Engine oil at correct level and clear but have some oil on engine and some seems to be a little milky. any suggestgions

"I had/have the same problem.

"I had/have the same problem. The exhaust manifold was leaking and water went thru the valves to cylinders and down to the oil ( I think). I had the head rebuilt because the valve seats was in so bad condition. I fabricated a new exhaust manifold of ss(a-316) because it was so hard find a new one for a reasonable price. This winter I took the manifold off and inspected it( it was like new) there was little water in the no.4 cylinder outlet. I think the exhaust pipe was made too short and I refabricated it 6" longer because I think the cylinder sucked the water backwards to the cylinder. I know better next winter when I check again. To your question, it could be a cracked manifold. Mine is "spitting" oil at the same place as yours but that is only if I push it hard on high rpm."

"niklas, Thanks for the info,

"niklas, Thanks for the info, it sounds identical to my problem. Runs good then on high rpm's it begins to spit oil. I'll have to tell mechanic to check,/Thank you"

Back