Logo

Heres a New Oneno stopping

lobsta1949

"The 115 suzuki does not shut

"The 115 suzuki does not shut off by the key...everything else stops working ( gauges,)when I turn the key to the off position. Kill switch will not even stop the engine,,,some kind of electrical short I imagine,,,,is there anyway to stop the engine manually?,,thanks"

"Vinny;

You don't have

"Vinny;

You don't have a short, you have an "open" circuit. Either the switch is bad or the ground wire has come loose or broken.

To check you will need an OHM meter. For an OEM switch follow the black ground wire to the connector and pull it apart.

With the meter, check for continuity between the ground wire and the ignition wire, with the switch in the off position, by touching the probes to the connector pins with 1 on the black wire pin and the other one touching each of the other pins.

If there is continuity, move to the other part of the connector and check for continuity between the ground (black) wire pin and a system ground. Expect to find no continuity if the 1st test was good.

If it's an after market switch, simply remove the wires from the back of the switch, and check for continuity between the contact screws and the "G" screw, again with the switch in the off position.

I feel certain that you will find an open ground circuit or a bad switch."

Back