Logo

2000 Yamaha 200 V6

alk

"I am looking at a boat with a

"I am looking at a boat with a 2000 Yamaha 200 V6 engine and am wondering if this is a decent motor. Please give me your comments pro and con.

Thanks
283748.jpg
Yamaha 200

"How many hours on the engine?

"How many hours on the engine? The 200 2 stroke Yami's are good engines, quiet for a 2 stroke, real decent on fuel. I prefer the carburated over the EFI 2 strokes. I have a 1997 200, good power and I burn under 10 gallons an hour at 28-30 miles an hour pushing a 5000lb 22 foot Seasport. I've gotten a consistent 900 hrs on 3 powerheads before a rebuild problem occurs. That equates to 5 years charter business use."

"Rollie,
The motor does not h

"Rollie,
The motor does not have an hour meter, but I have emailed the owner to give me a guesstimate.
Judging from the pictures the boat appears to have been maintained very well and I would think the motor is in good shape, but I would have a mechanic inspect it. The 2000 200 Yamaha with the fuel injection is totally new to me, and I don't know anyone with this motor. Everyone that I know has Merc's or Evinrudes. The motor is on a Grady 208, which apparently is a little heavier, than a lot of other boats in that size. I would think that with the GW loaded with fuel, kicker, fishing gear and three people the 200hp Yamaha should be sufficient."

Back