Logo

Kill wire question

easy

"1981 mariner 50hp.motor runs

"1981 mariner 50hp.motor runs great now but when i hook up the black with yellow strip kill wire it wont hit a lick,switch showes cont with key off & nothing when kees on? could this blk.wire be grounding out inside controles? & if i cant find problem can i run wire from switch box up to togo switch & back to motor to kill motor ? all else works good."

Check your emergency kill swit

Check your emergency kill switch. That same black/yellow wire goes to it before it goes to the switch.

"Had a similar problem with a

"Had a similar problem with a 40 hp twin. Never did find out where the fool thing was grounding out, so I disconnected the wire and ran a new one.

Jeff"

"thanks IBNISHN,Checked kill s

"thanks IBNISHN,Checked kill switch works good.the neutral safety works good . why are they 2 black/yellow wires on one post on the switch? do i need 2 trace both wires all the way thrue the controles back 2 the motor ? any help appr. thanks."

"thanks 2 you as well fastjeff

"thanks 2 you as well fastjeff. i may have 2 run a new wire also, beats takeing this thing all apart....by the way, does any one know what that resion or apoxy stuff is that is in switch boxes and how they get it out with when they rebuild them?
thanks. sam"

Back