Logo

Yamaha 2001 250 ox66 stalls

gdown

May be some one can help me wi

May be some one can help me with this. I ran my boat for the first time and it ran great. The next morining I ran it again and it stalled out a few times. This was after I ran it over 6 miles.It was running fine and then it just quit on me. Only after I waited 10 to 15 minutes would it start again. If I didn't wait it would crank but not start. After an hour of this she started up and ran the 6 miles without stalling again. I'm thinking water in the fuel so I purchased Star Tron and a new water separator. Is there anything else I should be doing?

"Does this motor have the VST

"Does this motor have the VST tank on the left side, if so the filter on the bottom of the HP fuel pump may be stopped up letting just enough gas for the 6 miles before running low, ours did pretty much the same thing. Hope this helps"

"Greg, I think I have it narro

"Greg, I think I have it narrowed down to either the high pressure fuel pump in the vst or the resistor at top the engine. It's like someone just turns off the motor. I'm going to do another search to see if anyone else has had these same problems."

"George we have the same motor

"George we have the same motor, ours did the same thing, i replaced the the filter in the VST it didn't look bad but blow in it after you remove it and it might show you some thing...also the needle valve(at the float) was stuck in the close position and ours had a inline check valve i think it was before the other 2 fuel pumps it got stuck shut... the guys on the board had never seen this..i removed the insides and the boat runs like a top now...i believe it should have around 32 psi on the valve stem Hope this helps"

Back