Logo

1977 Crestliner with OMC Inboardoutboard 190

barssey

"1st time user. I have been ha

"1st time user. I have been having problems with 3 things. My boat will start and idle fine, but when I put it in gear it stalls. Why? My steering is easy to turn a low speed, but if I speed up it is very hard to turn one way, Why? and last, is that my tilt motor works sometimes but not always, the solinod makes the clicking noise, but sometimes, most of the time nothing happens. If i jump the tilt motor directly, it works fine. Would it be the solinod or the motor."

"#1, could be aged fuel, dirty

"#1, could be aged fuel, dirty carb, needs spark plugs or plug wires are old, dirty Distributor cap and rotor, basic tuneup stuff.

#2 There's a trim anode fin just above the propeller this helps with steering torque at some speeds, if its hard to turn to starboard, loosen and turn it starboard. if hard to port, same thing turn it to port.

#3 could be solenoid, but is typically the connections even dirty connects positive and ground, or corrosion in the fuse holder(s)"

"If it is a 1977, it shouldn&#

"If it is a 1977, it shouldn't have a steering arm. To this point I have seen them late 60's, but you never know."

Back