Logo

115 HP Evinrunde MOTOR FEELS LIKE ITbS MISFIRING

whitese8b8ss

"just got the boat tuned with

"just got the boat tuned with new plugs and w/p. Have not ran the boat for 4 months.
Had problem this weekend, engine taking about 10 minutes to start. Never had this problem. Had to choke engine for a while.
After running fine for 30 minutes, i started it again and it took 10 minutes. When it started, it would not run pass 2300rpm, so i had to let engine run at low speed. Increasing throttle will make engine shut off. After 30 mins of running at low speed I increase throttle and boat suddenly ran fine. Do I have a clogged carburetor or is the fuel pump not working properly? Is it due to bad gas b/c it has been sitting for too long? Do the plugs have to be gapped or do they come gapped PLEASE ADVISE"

"what year motor,when was last

"what year motor,when was last time carbs cleaned,do you have a water seperator on boat,could be fuel filter,plu gap 30-40 book calls for 30,40 is better for lot of trolling"

"motor is a 1998 model #E115ts

"motor is a 1998 model #E115tslecm.
just tested boat in the water again yesterday. ran fine for first 30 minutes. then had trouble starting again. needed to choke the engine half way on the throttle and it started, kept 4500 rpm for about 1 minute. then put it in neutral, almost stalled. boat ran ok at 2000rmp, any higher would cause it to shut down. kept it going at 2000 rpm for two minutes, then increased throttle, the engine ran fine again. it happpened like that 5 times yesterday. spark plugs just changed and gapped at 30 per OEM specs. carb has not been cleaned for 5 years. fuel pump problem maybe????"

Back