Logo

HANIMEX 55 hp ESKA help

aussie_dave

"Gday there fellas have taken

"Gday there fellas have taken on a project motor with my father inlaw its an old Tecumseh sold as Hanimex here in Australia. This is the same age as me so we thought we would strip it and rebuild it just need the workshop manual for it if anyone can supply me ta the 7.5 manual i have here is slightly diffrent the crank in it was nice am thinking of replacing piston rings all bearings and seals on it, then it should just about outlast me. It is a T643-19b motor have found the 3sears site thank god
There is alot of good info on here re these old motors I would have been buggered if I hadnt have found this site thanks
PS the Hammer is there for just in case ;)
283624.jpg
"

"Ok update after some fruitles

"Ok update after some fruitless searching cannot find 1 essential part to rebuild this little beauty
Bearing, needle
Part # 530105
and there are no supplement parts that I can find anyone have any suggestions as to a replacement
If I cannot source a replacement looks like its the scrap heap for this old girl
"

"Ok after much searching I hav

"Ok after much searching I have found that the parts for these mortos are readily available from lawnmower dealers not so much here in Australia but over in America they are everywhere
easiest way to do it is just type in the part no from the http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=21759680&p roductCategoryId=1305320&brandId=0247&modelName=SEARS-5.0-H.P.-OUTBOARD-MOTOR&di agramPageId=00004&componentDescription=ENGINE%20ASSEMBLY&documentId=00001103&bac kToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20listSears direct and punch it in to a mower shops site like http://www.outdoordistributors.com/Tecumseh/tmain.html
and it usualy gives you the right part
great for any motor with a Tecumseh engine and cheaper then a marine dealer too
thumbs_up.gif
"

"So after receiving the parts

"So after receiving the parts was time to put back together called up the inlaw got the fire in the shed going a bit of credence on the stereo
someone forgot to order the needle roller bearings for the crank DOH another week in parts sitting on the bench on the upside I guess my hands arent getting dirty ;)"

"Dave- The crank bearing is a

"Dave- The crank bearing is a Timkin with a tin outer that holds it all together. I'll try and send you the repair manual. It's 39 pages, so sometimes it will not go."

"got all the emailed pages tha

"got all the emailed pages thanks cant wait to start putting this together as all parts have arrived now to press the bearing in then the rest can just go back together
"

You make it sound so easy. Tak

You make it sound so easy. Take care you guys and let me know if you hit a snag. I've got all the scrape marks.

"Snag Hit and sinking me fast

"Snag Hit and sinking me fast
The 510319 seal is not the correct seal. My parts book from 1968 revised 1982 shows the correct ring and retainer but shows part # 510105 as the correct oil seal. I am unable to get one, as it is no longer available as of 11/2003.
anyone have one sitting around by chance ??"

"That is often the case with t

"That is often the case with trying to get valid part numbers. I was going to try an auto tranny place as many had that style bearing and would sometimes have a seal. Also "king bearing" may have a compatible seal by dimension. If you solve this problem, Let me know and I will add it to the book.

I was also considering an "O" ring for a seal, but not sure if you want that much experimentation in your project.

I hate it when I miss a part by a miserable 8 years.

Have you tried all the on line parts places ::"BoatSport And Taclle", "Sanford Goodies e-bay","Laingsoutboards","Eska-Certified Parts","Brixent", "Sears Parts Direct" ?

Both Eska and Tecumseh have used that system."

Back