Logo

96 Johnson 130 stalls when going to WOT from idle

geaux_fishin

"I've got a 96 Johnson 130

"I've got a 96 Johnson 130 (J130TLEDM) that starts fine and runs fine. Acheives 5600 rpm at WOT. The problem is when I punch it from idle to WOT it will stall out. It will start right back up and if I smoothly go to WOT it will do fine and get on plane quickly. Checked spark yesterday with a spark tester and spark is fine. Compression is 135-140 in all cylinders. I rebuilt the carbs with new kits last fall. I did not pull the throttle bodies off and clean them and my suspicion is that is where the problem may be. Before I go pulling off the carbs, is there any other area I need to check? Thanks in advance."

"make sure all ur throttle rol

"make sure all ur throttle rollers,are,...complete,...the outside plastic part...goes away...we hardly ever...see throttle body dirty problems...ck ur linkage,and synchronization adj..ck pick-up timing.use frsh gas...."

"Make sure the airbox on the f

"Make sure the airbox on the front of the carbs is present, and the cover is installed."

"jwbmarine,

There is no out

"jwbmarine,

There is no outside plastic part on the throttle roller, just a black plastic roller. Is this normal? Also, there is approx a 1/4 inch gap between the black throttle roller and the throttle cam. I assume they should be touching? Thanks so much for the help so far!"

Replaced roller today and it f

Replaced roller today and it fit perfectly. No more gap between throttle roller and cam. Thanks so much for the help.

Back