Logo

1985 70 hp Johnson no spark anywhere

lyle_44

"I was out on the lake this we

"I was out on the lake this weekend cruising along with no problems and all at once the motor just up and quit tried restarting and nothing took plugs out and checked for spark and there was nothing. Previous owner replaced power pack last year boat never was used much since then, could it be the power pack again is there any tests i could do to see if it the power pack again? Any info. would be greatly appreciatted not much fun fishing without a motor that doesn't run."

"Could be the powerpack again,

"Could be the powerpack again, but if it is would also suspect an issue with the stator. Could be throwing some wild volts which cooked the powerpack for a second time in a short period.

Personally, I would have the entire ignition tested."

"ck that u have -0- voltage on

"ck that u have -0- voltage on blk/yell wire,...if any,..repl ign sw.....and,pwr pack."

Thanks for the info guys. I ra

Thanks for the info guys. I ran some tests myself followed the testing procedures from one of those seloc repair manuals and everything seemed to be okay. Going to put new power pack in it again and see how long it lasts.

"good deal--packs,r just elect

"good deal--packs,r just elect devices...maybe,some r better than others?
thats,a great eng ,by the way...i was rigging those up,one after the other,on alumacraft boats,in the 80's......."

Back