Logo

150 HP 4 Stroke Yamaha Alarm

wwarner

I have new (manufactured 0

I have new (manufactured 06/2008) Twin 150 HP 4 Stroke Yamahas with 11 hours running time on them. Most of the time has been at an idle. I have an alarm on the port engine that will not stop. There is no gauge indication of high temp or low oil. In fact temp & oil are normal on the gauges. The engine is peeing well & the oil level is fine. Is there anything simple I'm overlooking before I pull the boat & haul it to the dealer?

Theres a yamaha service bullet

Theres a yamaha service bulletin out on faulty "water in fuel" senders. If you take the cowl off the motor youll see a fuel filter mounted right on the front of the motor. It has a wire coming out of the bottom of it that goes to a blue plug. Try disconnecting it and then turning the key on.

"Checked disconnecting the wir

"Checked disconnecting the wire on the engine mounted fuel filter. No help. Also pulled port engine fuel/water separator. No water. Engine alarm is continuous when port key is on. I took it to a Yamaha dealer this AM. On the ride over, I had the port engine trimmed up & turned off. No tach for either engine. I think the gages are wired wrong."

Back