Logo

defective replacemnt fuel pump

cyprus_island

"I have a 40 hp Johnson (1

"I have a 40 hp Johnson (1987) with VRO. The motor has been sitting for six years and I’ve rebuilt the carbs-pretty gunked up, and now have replaced the fuel pump and pulse limiter. When I started the engine I immediately noticed a spray of gas coming from where the outflow fitting attaches to the pump body. This looks like a glued connection, not screwed down as on the previous pump. Before I return it and complain is there anything that could cause the pump to be over pressurized? I think replacing the fuel pump fixed the problem, but I didn’t want to run it too long with raw gas spraying all over the place."

"The "new" pump is def

"The "new" pump is defective, return it. I assume that the new pump is a VRO? If so, be prepared to have the dealership state that you distrubed that fitting (Applied too much pressure to it), causing it to break free from its related casting."

To my knowledge all factory ne

To my knowledge all factory new pumps have 'adjustable' fittings and no 'glued' fittings for fuel outlet. Sure You got a new factory pump?

"The pump is from "SystemM

"The pump is from "SystemMatched" Parts and Accecories, Beloit WI. The pump, naturally is made in Mexico. The fitting in grey plastic, sure looks new to me."

"I do not doubt is might be &#

"I do not doubt is might be 'new', however I'm not quite sure it is the latest model. If not mistaken it should be stamped a production date on the cover of the air motor? However I'm not quite sure if the 40/50 is covered by the 'new' one replacement for all' VRO pumps."

Back