Logo

Controls

dcso

Contributing Member
"i have a 93 9.9 yamaha 4 stro

"i have a 93 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke tiller, i want to covert it to a regualr set of controls. i have a 701 box but the cables i got are way to long on the motor side. is the a special set of cable for the conversion? if so anyone have a part#? the cable have are yamaha but obviously are for a large outboard.
thanks
ted"

the controls on the tiller com

the controls on the tiller come through a short plastic sleeve and the yamaha controls i bought are a stainless sleeveabout twice the length

"There is a cable mount for th

"There is a cable mount for the remote 9.9's coming off the front of the engine. You should be able to find a parts engine around to buy these parts from. The mount will allow you to use regular engine cables (Yamaha, Teleflex etc) Don't go with cheap cables as the front mount on the engine is somewhat of a bad design and will wear out cheap cables in only a season or two of use. The cables get flexed or kinked everytime you raise the engine as the mount doesn't support them very well."

"thanks,
i went on the yamah

"thanks,
i went on the yamaha site and found the bracket, i knew there had to be something different
thanks again
ted"

Back