Logo

Fuel pumps 8559 Diaphram soaking fixed it no kits avail

piperjak

Regular Contributor
"Problem - Fuel pump not pumpi

"Problem - Fuel pump not pumping. No Kits available so just to see, I removed the diaphram and soaked it in fuel for 20 minutes. Put it back together and it pumped fuel like it was supposed to. It had set on a dry-dock motor for a couple years so it had dried out and was too stiff to operate. Anyway,,these diapharms are no where to be found and maybe this trick can help someone else - at least it is worth a try! Not out anything if it fails...."

"what pump kit,..are u needing

"what pump kit,..are u needing,for what engine?...sometimes,u can make a diaphragm,out of a larger one,..."

"It is the 72 Evinrude 50Hp, E

"It is the 72 Evinrude 50Hp, Electric shift.. Starter is toast so think I will just part the motor out. Not paying 89.00 to put a starter on it. I bought the outfit on a whim so no loss."

"ok.....but,..i would think,a

"ok.....but,..i would think,a kit or pump would be avail......and new starter for 89.00??..."

"Man,, for little of whats in

"Man,, for little of whats in those fuel pumps - wow! I bought the motor thinking I would save it if I could but I see it's time to let'er go. I have to recoup my $200 and that may be a struggle. Starter and Fuel pump.. big items! My heart is in the little motors with pull ropes. At least I can carry them around..This 50Hp sucker is nasty heavy. "

Back