Logo

US Marine Force

nydoug

"Hey, I just bought a used boa

"Hey, I just bought a used boat it has a 125 HP Force Us Marine Cowl. I can't find a serial number on it. I have a couple of questions. 1)Is there anyway I can figure out what year it is? 2) Where would a serial number be locaated? 3) It seems weird but the lower unit drain ports are side by side instead of the usual-one on top one on bottom and finally the water intake into the engine seems to be in a stange location?
Thanx for any help.

NYDOUG"

"Douglas, in general the U.S.

"Douglas, in general the U.S. Marine Force models will be 84 or 85's.

The following year Brunswick (who owns Merc) bought Bayliner (who bought out Chrysler outboard in 84 and kept building them in their US Marine division) and they simply became the "Force". A little confused?

There should also be a 3rd "drain" down below. Up top the two side by side are the fill hole and a "vent".

Alot of things on the Force models are strange. They were cobbled together with discontinued parts to try and make a usable outboard. The early models were old Chrysler parts, later models were Chrysler/Merc cross-breeds..."

"Can anyone PLEEEEEZZZ tell me

"Can anyone PLEEEEEZZZ tell me how I can post a NEW question, I can't find out how to do it.
Thanx"

New posts are hidden in the blue bar above the selections at the opening of forums. Go to main page and pick a discussion. They are also mentioned in very small print just above that. Happy hunting.

Or it seems most people just hi-jack a similar thread.

Back