Logo

1983 chrysler 125hp prop exhaust questions

smooter

"I have a 1983 chrysler 125hp

"I have a 1983 chrysler 125hp outboard on a 1972 16" jolly roggers boat. When I bought the motor the prop on it read 13x15 and was damaged. My dad gave me his spare stock 17 pitch prop from his 1986 85hp force outboard, it seems to work fine with plenty of out of hole power but I would like more top end. Now I'm trying to buy a stainless prop and all that I can find say they are through hub exhaust. Both the prop that came on the motor and the one from my dad have black plastic caps on the end without holes so obviously it's not through hub exhaust or is it? Do I have the wrong type of prop on it? On prop finder it says if your gear case has exhaust holes around the prop shaft you have through hub exhaust, mine does but the cap on the end of the prop has none. It also talks about over/through combos. If I do have over hub exhaust can I use a through hub prop? Can any one help? thanks"

No....Your limited to what pro

No....Your limited to what props you could buy because they will hit the exhaust port that hangs down on Chrysler's & early Force motors. I have read though that the newer Mercury/Force lower units are interchangeable and then you could get just about any prop you want.

"Bryan,
My 84 Chrysler 90

"Bryan,
My 84 Chrysler 90 Hp is a "non thru hub" prop. I imagine yours is the same. I may even have a like new stainless for that application. I'd have to look this evening.
DS"

Back