Logo

Pertronix ignition kit

"Depending on whether this is

"Depending on whether this is an older Prestolite or Mallory, you can find the correct part number through many catalogs, Sierra for example! Then buy through a supplier who orders via Sierra.

Keep in mind that you will still be using your old housing w/ the old shaft bushings and old driven gear, and more importantly, your old advancing system, and so on.
Maybe time to consider a complete new unit. Mallory YLM (magnetic) series is a great choice in my book."

"Thanks for the info Ricardo b

"Thanks for the info Ricardo but since I am fixing the boat to sell , I don't want to put that much in it ."

"[b]You Cheapy![/b] <[img]"ht

"You Cheapy!
biggrin.gif

BTW, which distributor is this? Mallory/Prestolite?"

"Leo, a search in Google will

"Leo, a search in Google will tell you the prices the Pertronix kits are selling for. Just get the distributor make and type ready and choose the kit you need, or ask the kits supplier which one fits your distributor.

Also, I agree with Ricardo's last comment, as those Pertronix kits don't cost a fortune regardless of where you get them from.
biggrin.gif
"

"Thanks El and Ricardo ... I h

"Thanks El and Ricardo ... I havn't looked yet to see which distributor it is probably Prestolite . From past experience , I would recomend Pertronix ignition to anyone that owns a boat ."

Back