Logo

Removing Trim Tab Anode on Alpha One Gen 1

jklock

I need to remove the trim tab

I need to remove the trim tab anode on my alpha one Gen 1 drive - My manual says use an appropriate size socket. Any clues as to what that size is? It looks like I'll have to buy a long thin socket to get past a lip in there and I'd like to just buy one. I want to take advantage of the anodes on sale at the BoatersWorld going out of business sale.

"Scott, Thanks but I must hav

"Scott, Thanks but I must have a different unit (OB587266) than you have in mind. The diameter at the opening for the socket is 1/2" or a hair less so I can't get a 1/2" socket in there - I can get a 5/16 socket past that lip but not an 11/32". The head of that bolt must be somewhere between 1/4" and 5/16"."

"Boatersworld, part of Ritz Ca

"Boatersworld, part of Ritz Camera, announced in March that they were going out of business. I only found out when I pulled up in front of the store on Sunday and saw the signs. They expect to close all stores by June. They didn't have the anodes for my drive but I bought a lot of other stuff at 70% off like a stainless steel chain for $12.
The bolt on my anode does take an allen wrench - when I look into that shaft, probably only with one eye, it's hard to tell whether it takes a socket or an allen wrench. My 5/16 allen is long enough but just spins around. must be 3/8. Thanks for the help."

Back