Logo

Evinrude running problem 99 4 strke 00 model yr

booboochipp

"rebuilt carb new fuel pump. i

"rebuilt carb new fuel pump. if i cup the front of the carb and restrict the air flow it revs up fine, otherwise it tries to fall on its face when u rev it up. idles perfect. whats the deal?"

"it is running lean....re-clea

"it is running lean....re-clean,carb,more thoroughly....there r 3 gaskets,that fit,that carb...top...make sure u r using,correct one...will run lean,w/wrong one......dont ask me ,how i know!"

took the carb apart for the se

took the carb apart for the second time.used the rebuild kit from evinrude. the gasket is exactly the same as the one i took off. you can see the imprint from it sealing and it looks perfect. the motor probably only has 20 hrs on it. every passage and piece of the carb looks brand new.been over it twice and as clean as a whistle or looks like it came out of the box. they only gave me one gasket in the kit and it is the same as the one i took off.how about timing? could it have jumped time ? the belt don't look so bad. we're eliminating carb and fuel they both look good. could timing do this?

"no....ur problems,indicate,a

"no....ur problems,indicate,a lean condition....i dont see that many 4 strks,so pls alert,morten ringvold,he's a good'en on 4's.....but,..u r running lean for some reason,and u did some good trbl shting....strt a new thrd,w/his name in it.."

"JWB:
I have already noticed

"JWB:
I have already noticed this thread, but keep out as it is another one running about his issue. Multiple threads are just confusing."

"----evidently,my kind words a

"----evidently,my kind words about you lately,have pissed u off,...wont make that mistake....again......."

i am not the re-poster--- i wa

i am not the re-poster--- i was just answering a 'new' post....i guess i missed the other one......

"JWB:
Get it right!
I keep o

"JWB:
Get it right!
I keep out as I do not feel for jumping between multiple threads on same engine. I never told You to keep out.

Have some sleep or go fishing!
happy.gif
"

"sorry guys for posting 2 topi

"sorry guys for posting 2 topics i was just anxious about trying to fix the problem. i appreciate both of your thoughts and am willing to look into both of your suggestions. i won't be able to check the motor out much till next week, but as for the prognosis of the motor being too lean how do i go about checking that ? i've had the carb apart 2 times and everything looks perfect and clean. there is a slot at the top that you can turn and it ajusts a needle up and down in that top plate with the gasket. i've turned it both directions and still nothing. so i put it back. definately gonna check the timing, info on the lean part jwb marine please ,suggestions? cracked intake? bad valve? someting electrical? should i be using a certain type of plugs. got champion in right now?"

Back