Logo

2000 Johnson 175 stalls when loading on trailer

flukeless

"My outboard (J175PLSSC&#4

"My outboard (J175PLSSC) is cutting off when I try to load it on the trailer! It starts fine, idles fine, and runs fine, but........has a slight hesitation when I punch it to get it on plane. but loading on the trailer, she cuts off every time! This is a new powerhead and I just finished the break-in period a few hours ago and all was good till now. Is this an adjustment I can do? where, how, and how much? I really need some good How-To advice, cause taking it to the dealer won't be something I can do for a while!
Actually a friend of mine has the exact same symtoms and can't find no help, then I found this site, so maybe you guys can get me fixed?"

Jeff it sounds a little lean..

Jeff it sounds a little lean...for the moment lets presume the carbies are all clean and set up and the engine is running at the correct temp not too cold

"Hey guys, I already checked m

"Hey guys, I already checked my throttle roller postion and it's good, actually I already posted on the BBC site with little results so I can here for help! My carbs were rebuilt when I got the new powerhead, and she ran great till now, so what happened?"

"ok...like jamie said,its prob

"ok...like jamie said,its prob a lil lean,screw out the idle jets about 1/8 turn on all carbs."

"Ok jw
now, if I'm facing

"Ok jw
now, if I'm facing the carbs, the screw I need to adjust is the allenhead screw on the port side, set back thru the little hole next to the carb? Yes? and if she still acts the same, keep adjusting Out(CCW) 1/8 turn each time? I'm assuming I can do this with the air box} Off and the motor already warmed up etc.........?"

"best to do in water, in forwa

"best to do in water, in forward, at idle too
With the boat still tied to the trailer with transom straps, and you can give it a quick goose to check, or better yet take it for a ride after removing the straps. :)"

"Alrighty then!!!!!!!!! you gu

"Alrighty then!!!!!!!!! you guys are Great! I'm glad I came here........of coarse I'll be back if this Johnson keeps acting up! Thanks again, and I'll be sure to recommend this site! 5 stars!!!!!!
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back