Logo

Trim Senders

smchaplin

Regular Contributor
Hi all What i was wondering is

Hi all What i was wondering is should the trim senders on the port and starrboard side be set the same? as you all know im haveing the problem with the stearing pulling to starboard. and on my trim senders the one on the starboard is set somewhat in the middle and the port side is set well all the way towards the stern. now i have done about all the adjusting on the anode tab and i noticed today that where the drive goes back in the assembly those two wings/guides that come out from my assy the leg itself is rubbin the starbord side enough that it is starting to look like a metal to metal brake pad sorta speak let me add that when the leg is all the way down the clearence is equal on both sides so this rubbin is takeing place in the water

The senders you mention are th

The senders you mention are the trim sender and the trim limit .The trim limit stops raising the drive before those wing things separate. Rhe slight rubbing you see is normal.
do you have powersteering and what prop are you using.?

No. Port side is trim limit se

No. Port side is trim limit sender and starbord is trim position sender. The drive is supposed to hit the gimbel stop on the starbord side if it is right hand rotation. That rubbing is normal.

Steve:

Your manual should h

Steve:

Your manual should have instructions for setting the trim limit switch. Let me know if you don't have it.

Back