Logo

Tecumsehted williams air cooled outboard

cougarco93

"i have a ted williams with te

"i have a ted williams with tecumseh engine, either 5.5 or 7.5(cant find tag with matching numbers) it is air cooled.
does it supposed to spray water out the p hole. is it supposed to just be every so often or constant.
and the water it does spray is it supposed to be really hot.
oh and the post on here about using new marine oil and a 50.1 mix is a no-no. i ran it on 50.1 and it seized,after it cooled i started it again using what all them old motors called for 24.1(smokes only slighty). and before the motor was so hot you barely could touch carb or adjustment, now you can hold your hand on front of motor.
the question i really have is about the p hole.
even running the boat in nuetral it churns up a lot of water but the prop is turning, could this mean the p hole is stopped up being why it only sprays every so often. i have had other outboards that when in neutral the water was calm.
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS SOMETHING NORMAL OR AT LEAST SIMPLE TO FIX. bought ready to say ughh and take up golf.....nahhh help..."

"I'm just slightly confuse

"I'm just slightly confused here. If you are saying it's an air-cooled motor (maybe) then why would you expect to see water from a pee-hole, which would only be present on a water cooled motor?

Air-cooled = no water pump = no water circulating anywhere"

"What little holes? on the leg

"What little holes? on the leg.

This will be a model built by Eska. The motor itself is an air cooled Tecumseh, but the exhaust on these was water cooled. So water is pumped into the leg to cool the exhaust and act as a muffler to try and keep the noise down.

You say it's churning water all the time. This motor may not have a neutral or reverse. Since we don't know exactly what it is that you have there, you could have a model that is a kinda "direct drive" - always in forward gear - that was not uncommon in small outboards of years past."

i have a 71 ted williams 7 hp

i have a 71 ted williams 7 hp i am redoing the motor and lower unit. need to know what goes in lower unit oil or grease finally got the motor to run but had bad impeller got one off ebay new

"Joey, you can use any "ma

"Joey, you can use any "marine" 90 weight gear oil, or any gear oil with a GL-5 rating."

Back