Logo

2000 8hp 2 stroke yamaha tiller motor starts then stalls

joker

"hi and thanks in advance
my

"hi and thanks in advance
my 8hp yamaha will start and run but then it will stall.
i pump the ball back up and it will do the same
i cleaned the carb twice just to make sure it wasnt that.
installed new diaphrams in the fuel pump changed the plugs and the fuel filter, but it seems like when the fuel is used up in the float bowl it dies.
i suspect a primary compression issue could i be right ?
does anyone have any ideas ?
yes the vent is open on the gas tank"

"Maybe the carb float needle v

"Maybe the carb float needle valve is sticking. remove carb drain plug, fill fuel filter with carb cleaner, pump that with the bulb through the carb, hold rag under drain hole to see what comes out. You can also spray carb cleaner into drain hole to further flush/clean. Good luck!"

"sounds like you need to clean

"sounds like you need to clean the carb a wee bit better, its easy to miss a few bits and pcs, also get a blow up of the carb to make sure you didnt miss a jet or too, also when cleaning the jets make sure to run a fine wire thru the jets, sometimes carb cleaner and comp air just dont get it exp if it sat with bad gas in it for a few months"

"I recently ran across a motor

"I recently ran across a motor that the fuel connector had pulled out of the engine. It had been put back in , but the engine would start and run for a few Min. then die. Removed the barrel of the connector ans put sealant on it and reinstalled. Problem went away?"

Back