Logo

1989 Suzuki DT 115 trim and tilt problems

ncarb3721

"My trim/tilt motor has been m

"My trim/tilt motor has been making a grinding noise on and off, now it's all the time and barely moves the motor without help.Fluid level is normal, not sure of source of noise. Really hard to trim while cruising along."

Sounds like the electric motor

Sounds like the electric motor has taken a dive. Those systems were noiesy but never weak. If you can't find a used one let me know. Send a PM with photo of motor.

I have two used ones from &#39

I have two used ones from '96 and '98 DT115/140 that may fit your engine if you are interested. Let me know and I can investigate.

"Sorry, it looks like the &#39

"Sorry, it looks like the '89 PTT motor is way different from the '96 - 01 for the EFI models. I don't have what you need."

"Thanks everyone, I'll do

"Thanks everyone, I'll do some legwork and check out all of the specifics and part numbers on the motor, and get back with yall on this topic tommorrow afternoon. I was wondering if this is something that can be rebuilt? or just replaced?"

"Finally get to look more clos

"Finally get to look more closely at the trim/tilt motor assembly, it appears that the stator winding insulation is breaking down, other than that, the brushes look fine. It was a bitch to even get the assembly apart due to the wiring being so tight in the top end of the motor housing! Should I replace the whole assembly, including the reorvoir and pump? Or just the motor itself? Also is it normal to be able to remove the armature and attached shaft from the from pump end of the assembly? How do I know if it's engaged with the drive joint located in the pump valve body? Found a place that handles the PTT unit , API Marine, not sure about the quality though,it is an aftermarket replacement. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. thanks, nick"

Back